- Eligibility: Grants are open to all journalists, writers, photographers, radio producers or filmmakers; staff journalists as well as free-lancers of any nationality are eligible to apply.
- Funding amount: $10,000-100,000.
- Type of funding: Programmatic. The Pulitzer Center will fund international travel costs associated with reporting projects on tropical rainforests, with an emphasis on issues that have gone unreported or under-reported in the mainstream American media. The amount of individual travel grants will depend on the specific project and detailed budget planning. Most awards fall in the range of $5,000 to $15,000 but depending on project specifics may be higher.
- Target countries: International
- Application language: English
The supported international journalism projects will focus on the following themes:
- Tropical forests’ role in the overall climate equation and weather patterns globally, regionally and locally, and the consequences for human life and living conditions caused by deforestation
- Deforestation drivers
- Solutions to halt deforestation
The Pulitzer Center is inviting proposals for grants to journalists reporting for wide-reaching major news media outlets on tropical rainforests in any part of the world. Read more about the grant here.
Funding Size: N/A