- Eligibility Criteria:
Proposals from non-profits, NGOs, academic institutions, and social enterprises with offices headquartered in Trinidad and Tobago will be given preference.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: Trinidad and Tobago
- Application language: English
The U.S. Embassy Port of Spain Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Department of State (hereafter
referred to as “PAS POS”) is pleased to announce that funding is available through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
PAS POS invites proposals that further contribute to the three pillars of bilateral collaboration between the United States and Trinidad and Tobago (TT): Security, Accountable Governance, and Inclusive Growth.
PAS POS’s Priority Program Areas:
- Support programs that address the root causes of gang membership and violent extremism and provide alternatives to criminal involvement.
- Support programs focused on transparency and accountability.
- Support anti-corruption efforts and investigative journalism.
- Support programs promoting transparency, accountability, e-governance, and strengthening democratic institutions.
- Support programs that support Venezuelan refugees living in TT.
- Support programs that enhance opportunities and protections for vulnerable communities, including refugees, women, children, people living with HIV/AIDS, and the LGBTQI+ community.
- Support programs that advance protection and quality of life for persons with disabilities.
- Support local civil society organizations to strengthen diversity and rights for vulnerable and marginalized people, including members of the LGBTQI+ community, victims of gender-based violence, refugees and migrant populations, and persons with disabilities.
- Support programs that contribute to sustainable, inclusive, and equitable economic
- Support programs that improve transparency and public asset management, and more
efficient business practices.
- Promote science cooperation for better natural resource stewardship to mitigate
impacts of climate change, strengthen resilience against climate change and create
conditions to lower carbon emissions.
- Support programs that advance smart agriculture methods to counter climate change-aggravated risks and increase food security.
American and Trinbagonian individuals and institutions with a proven track record of executing superior cultural and educational events and programs will receive preference.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.