- Eligibility Criteria:
– If possible, the project should be implemented in the second half of 2024.
– The project should be completed by the end of 2024. Unfortunately, projects lasting several years cannot receive funding.
– They also gladly accept joint applications with other cooperation partners and initiatives.
– Project ideas with a particularly large target audience and/or geographical scope are especially welcome.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Latvia
- Application language: German or English
The German Embassy in Riga is inviting you to participate in the project competition for the Promotion of Sustainability and Media Literacy.
The project work of the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Latvia is mainly devoted to the following topics:
- Promoting media literacy and media quality, especially digital media literacy and critical consumption of media content.
- Fostering critical thinking to recognize misinformation, fake news, propaganda and political influence.
- Combating disinformation.
- Strengthening civil society and political and social participation.
- Integration of society in the era of populist divisive tendencies.
- Further development of news and information offers in Russian.
- Increasing educational opportunities and quality, including in the field of vocational education.
- Civil society in general
- Social groups outside of discourse and debate
- Social groups that need further education in the above-mentioned areas
- Russian-speaking residents of Latvia
- The minimum funding amount for your project idea is 20,000 euros.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.