- Eligibility Criteria:
– The applicant must be a journalist (written or audio-visual press), or be able to prove that he/she is aspiring to a career in journalism. Personal references and/or references to earlier work are essential in that respect.
– Teams of at least one journalist from Belgium and one from the Netherlands are eligible. If relevant to the story, team members from elsewhere may also be accepted.
– Projects with regard to investigative and special journalism must deal with topics that are relevant for the Flanders.
– The project must be published in a Dutch-language medium in Belgium. A letter of intent for publication from at least one professional news outlet is required for journalists with more than 2 years of experience. For starters this is considered a plus. Both beginning (starters) and experienced journalist (seniors) can submit a project that cannot be realised through the normal channels of journalism, that has major news value and depth and that is also original, innovative and time-consuming.
– All journalistic end products qualify for a grant: newspaper and magazine articles, radio and television documentaries and series, photo-reportages and books, podcasts and journalistic non-fiction books.
- Type of Funding: Programmatic
- Target Countries: Belgium and Netherlands
- Application Language: English
Journalismfund.eu. has announced a call for proposals for Belgian and Dutch Journalists. In this pilot version, teams of investigative journalists from the Netherlands AND Belgium who have good ideas for a cross-border local investigation in the region are involved. The project is media neutral and open to print, online, audio, video, etc.
Funding for this grant is made available in cooperation with the Flemish Government (Department of Culture, Youth and Media)
For more information visit Journalismfund.eu