- Eligibility Criteria:
The call for this category of grants will be open to registered civil society organisations and consortia from eligible countries. Preference will be given to multi-stakeholder teams. Cross-country partnerships are allowed.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: Armenia, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine
- Application language: English
The Open Government Partnership (OGP) is launching Open Door Grants with the support of the European Union (EU).
The Open Door Grants is an ongoing call for project proposals for Eastern Partnership (EaP) OGP members with a focus on using the OGP platform for expanding civil society engagement and building cross-sectoral partnerships in the areas of integrity, anti-corruption, public service delivery, justice, crisis response and recovery, access to information, open governance and inclusion during and after war reconstruction and recovery, and civic space.
The grants will be used for one of the following purposes:
- to propose and implement catalytic approaches to open governance reforms and advocate for their inclusion as commitments in OGP action plans;
- to support co-implementation, monitoring and oversight of action plan commitments, ideally focusing on approaches that can be scalable across action plan cycles; or
- to promote, implement, and/or monitor open government reforms related to European integration processes.
OGP is seeking proposals for strengthening civil society engagement in OGP around the following policy areas:
- Public service delivery, including strengthening citizen participation and feedback mechanisms, or enhancing government responsiveness to users for improving public services
- Civic space and media freedoms
- Access to information
- Open governance and participation in post-war reconstruction and recovery
- Business integrity and ease of doing business
- Any other themes related to crisis response, recovery, or renewal
The grants will also be used to explicitly expand the base of civil society and other non-governmental actors engaging with OGP in the EaP countries and locals. Strong preference will be given to ideas that engage new actors like the private sector, media, or youth groups.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.