Funding Size: N/A
- Print, broadcast and online journalists can apply for the Thomas L. Stokes Award for Best Energy and Environment Writing prize.
- Works must have been published or broadcast in 2020.
- A non-refundable entry fee $50.
- Funding amount: US$ 2,500
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: USA
- Application languages: English
The National Press Foundation presents the Thomas L. Stokes Award to a U.S.-based journalist for reporting excellence on the subject of energy and environment. The Stokes Award was established in the spring of 1959 by friends and admirers of the late Thomas L. Stokes, a syndicated Washington columnist on national affairs.
It is given annually for the best reporting “in the independent spirit of Tom Stokes” on subjects of interest to him including energy, natural resources and the environment. The winner of the award receives $2,500. The journalism may be reporting, analysis or commentary. The award is open to all media; the entry should represent the highest standards of journalism.
Read more here.