- Eligibility Criteria:
– Albanian not-for-profit organisations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organisations
– U.S. organisations and individuals are NOT eligible for grants under the program.
– Cost Sharing or Matching is not required and is not part of the evaluation criteria. However, the applicants are encouraged to explore the possibility of the cost-share whenever possible.
– Applicants are only allowed to submit one proposal per organisation. If more than one proposal is submitted from an organisation, all proposals from that institution will be considered ineligible for funding.
- Type of Funding: Programmatic
- Target Country: Albania
- Application Language: English
The U.S. Embassy Tirana of the U.S. Department of State announces an open competition for organisations to submit proposals for funding under the Media Training Program.
This project seeks to improve the skillsets of Albanian journalists and journalism students, making them better watchdogs of government institutions and public spending, while also increasing the accountability of public institutions in Albania. The program supports the need for greater, more accurate reporting that would lead to a more informed public and greater transparency from public institutions.
Eligible Program Topics
- Increase the skills of Albanian journalism students and journalists to write independent, well-researched stories that contribute to greater transparency and accountability by public authorities.
- Help provide venues where Albanian journalism students and journalists can contribute to independent investigations free from political or economic influence.
- Improve the quality of print, broadcast, and multimedia investigative stories.
- Provide journalism training that follows U.S./Western professional standards and ethics.
- Increase the watchdog role of Albanian media by improving their skillset.
Federal Award Information
- Length of performance period: 12 months
- Number of awards anticipated: (1 award)
- Award amounts: ($100,000)
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.