– not-for-profit organisations registered in the eligible countries referred below;
– for-profit organisations registered in the eligible countries referred below;
– civil society/non-governmental organisations registered in the United States;
– organisations may sub-contract with other entities, but only one, non-profit, nongovernmental entity can be the prime recipient of the award.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: Kazakhstan
- Application languages: English & Kazakh
The U.S. Mission in Kazakhstan is seeking applications to improve the quality and quantity of media coverage on renewable energy issues in Kazakhstan, elaborate on low carbon commitments and its progress and implementation in the country. The project will aim to expand access to renewable energy information in Kazakhstan by improving the quality, quantity, and penetration of media coverage on renewable energy issues in Kazakhstan.
Projects should focus on the following objectives:
- Increase the amount of qualified accurate reporting on renewable energy in traditional and new media.
- Create a community of at least 50 journalists and bloggers who specialise in reporting on green energy, lowering carbon emissions and other renewable energy issues, who can share information and collaborate on the development of joint reporting projects.
- Strengthen professional capacities of media to fact-check, verify and develop elaborative self-driven analytical articles on topics of renewable energy.
- Increase Kazakhstani target audience awareness and understanding of green energy efforts and preventing consequences of climate change.
See here to learn more and apply.
Funding Size: $25,000 to $46,000