« Back to all Fundings
- Training and Education
Funding Size: N/A
The Media Freedom Rapid Response (MFRR) which tracks, monitors, and reacts to violations of press and media freedom in EU Member States and Candidate Countries and project provides legal and practical support, public advocacy, and information to protect journalists and media workers can provide support for:
- Medical assistance: for injuries sustained in the course of the journalists work;
- Subsistence costs: short term support for journalists who are not able to work, or costs to temporarily flee an unsafe or vulnerable situation;
- Psychological support: advice, referral, and funds to seek psychosocial assistance;
- Work provisions: digital tools like VPNs for online protection and work materials in exceptional cases;
- Family support: temporary support for family members of journalists who are unable to work, who are imprisoned, or who are deceased;
- Preventive safety measures: knowledge and resources that help the recipient to circumvent censorship and communicate safely and securely, as well as security training (on location or online).
Full information about this support scheme can be found here. Details about the Media Freedom Rapid Response programme are available here.
For the latest funding opportunities, profiles of media donors, and expert insight from GFMD’s MediaDev Fundraising Guide sign up for Bottom Line newsletter