- Eligibility Criteria:
The following organisations are eligible to apply:
– Not-for-profit organisations
– Civil society/non-governmental organisations
– Think tanks (Not-for-profit)
– Public and private educational institutions (Not-for-profit departments)
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: Pakistan
- Application language: English
The Public Diplomacy Section (PDS) of the Embassy of the United States of America in Islamabad, Pakistan solicits proposals for multiple funding opportunities for projects to train and build capacity among Pakistani journalists, including traditional media practitioners, digital media professionals, vloggers, and documentary makers, among others.
Proposals funded under this Notice for Funding Opportunity (NOFO) will further one or both of the following U.S. Mission to Pakistan’s Integrated Country Strategy goals:
- Strengthen Civilian Democratic Institutions and Protect Human Rights
- Foster Inclusive Economic Growth and Sustainable Development
The organisation is looking to fund the following projects:
- Project 1: Capacity Building of Journalists on Environmental Issues (Award Ceiling $150,000 and Award Floor $100,000)
- Objective 1: Increase the technical and professional capacity of environmental journalists, filmmakers, and documentary producers.
- Objective 2: Create new and/or strengthen existing media and/or online platforms for environmental journalists, filmmakers, and documentary producers.
- Objective 3: Promote and encourage data-driven, investigative, and accurate news reporting on climate change.
- Objective 4: Increase commentary and public awareness of climate change to influence government and public behavior toward environmental challenges.
- Objective 5: Participants will apply globally practiced professional journalism standards when producing and reporting news stories on these issues.
- Objective 6: Create new and/or strengthen existing network/s of women journalists reporting on environmental, energy, and/or climate issues.
- Objective 7: Reduce barriers to growth for Pakistani women journalists reporting on environmental, energy, and/or climate issues.
- Objective 8: Connect Pakistani and American journalists covering environmental, energy, and/or climate issues through a network for increased collaboration.
- Project 2: Capacity Building of Social Media Influencers and Digital Journalists (Award Ceiling $75,000 and Award Floor $50,000)
- Objective 1: Increase the technical, professional and monetization capacity of Pakistani social media influencers.
- Objective 2: Create new and/or strengthen existing network/s of Pakistan’s social media influencers.
- Objective 3: Reduce barriers to growth for social media influencers and their public outreach.
- Objective 4: Increase collaboration between Pakistani and American social media influencers through joint content collaboration.
- Objective 5: Increase the technical, professional, and monetization capacity of rural area-based social media influencers.
- Objective 6: Create new and/or strengthen existing network/s of women social media influencers.
- Objective 7: Reduce barriers to growth for Pakistani women social media influencers and their public outreach.
- Objective 8: Connect Pakistani women and American women social media influencers through a network for increased collaboration.
- Objective 9: Increase the interaction and understanding between civil society representatives and social media activists.
- Objective 10: Promote public discourse on effective ways to combat misinformation on social media and in Pakistani society.
- Project 3: Strengthening Radio Media (Award Ceiling: $150,000 & Award Floor: $100,000)
- Objective 1: Improve the ability of radio networks to create revenue-generation strategies.
- Objective 2: Increase the revenue of radio networks.
- Objective 3: Capacity building of workshop participants.
- Objective 4: Participating radio networks produce and air programs in collaboration with U.S. partners.
- Objective 5: Create new and/or strengthen existing network/s of Pakistani women radio professionals.
- Objective 6: Reduce barriers to growth for Pakistani women radio professionals.
- Objective 7: Connect Pakistani women radio professionals to American counterparts to build a network for increased collaboration.
The U.S. Mission in Pakistan continues to promote free and independent media in Pakistan through various initiatives aimed at building the capacity of journalists and strengthening journalist networks across Pakistan. These programs are a key component of U.S. Public Diplomacy efforts in Pakistan, creating valuable opportunities for the Mission to engage key audiences and create lasting professional, educational, and personal opportunities for Pakistan’s media practitioners.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.