- Both beginning (starters) and experienced journalist (seniors) can submit a project that cannot be realised through the normal channels of journalism, that has major news value and depth and that is also original, innovative and time-consuming.
- The applicant must be a journalist (written or audio-visual press), or be able to prove that he/she is aspiring to a career in journalism. Personal references and/or references to earlier work are essential in that respect.
- Only natural persons can apply for a grant.
- Projects with regard to investigative and special journalism must deal with topics that are relevant for Flanders.
- All journalistic end products qualify for a grant: newspaper and magazine articles, radio and television documentaries and series, photo-reportages and books, podcasts and journalistic non-fiction books.
- Funding amount: € 35.000
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Belgium
- Application languages: Dutch
With this pilot project Journalismfund.eu offers grants for science journalists.
It’s meant for projects that have great newsworthiness and depth but that cannot be realised in regular media.
The projects should be original, innovative and time-consuming and must involve investigative reporting on science and its impact on society.
Read more about the project here.