– Age between 14 and 24 years old with interest in disaster risk reduction, especially on Tsunami Awareness.
– A resident of a country bordering the Indian Ocean under the mandate of the Intergovernmental Coordination Group for the Indian Ocean Tsunami Warning and Mitigation System (ICG / IOTWMS).
– Individual participants and groups of up to three participants can enter the competition.
– To promote gender equality, groups should have at least one female member and female participation is encouraged.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: countries bordering the Indian Ocean
- Application language: English
UNESCO-IOC and U-INSPIRE Indonesia have announced an open call for 2021 Indian Ocean Youth to Participate in Short Video Competition on Tsunami Awareness to engage with youth living in the regions around the Indian Ocean to share their creative thoughts, ideas, concepts, and/or activities related to tsunami awareness.
- Increase the knowledge of Indian Ocean youth on the topic of Tsunami Awareness and Preparedness
- Increase the participation of Indian Ocean Youth in tsunami awareness and preparedness in the region
- Encourage and upskill Indian Ocean youth in the creation of content for social media and other communication outlets, in particular on the topic of Tsunami Awareness and Preparedness
- Contribute to the commemoration of the World Tsunami Awareness Day
See here to learn more and apply.
Funding Size: N/A