- Eligibility Criteria:
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
– Independent media organizations, registered in Kosovo and
– Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: Kosovo
- Application language: English
The U.S. Embassy in Pristina, Kosovo announces the Independent Media Program, an open competition for organizations to submit applications for program(s) that strengthen and increase the audience share, self-sufficiency, and resilience of Kosovo-based independent media organizations toward mis- and disinformation and cyber threats.
The 2023 Independent Media Program’s long-term expected outcome is:
- Media organizations are more self-sufficient and more resilient towards mis- and disinformation and cyber threats.
The 2023 Independent Media Program’s objectives are as follows:
- Objective I: To develop sustainable practices and partnerships between independent Kosovan media partners that deliver accurate, unbiased information to Kosovo communities in their local languages.
- Objective II: To increase the audience size/share for Kosovo-based independent media outlets that provide news to underserved communities, providing an alternative to sources that knowingly spread disinformation in order to disrupt U.S. and Euro-Atlantic interests in Kosovo and the Western Balkans.
- Objective III: To increase media literacy of target student audiences to help them develop media literacy to identify and reject disinformation and avoid becoming unknowing amplifiers of misinformation.
- Objective IV: To dispel misconceptions and improve understanding of the role that journalists play in promoting civil discourse and delivering fact-based reporting in Kosovo’s multi-ethnic democracy and in society in general, as well as encourage new generations of youth from underserved communities to consider future careers as independent journalists.
Applicants are strongly recommended to partner with other local organizations and build new partnerships while implementing their projects.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.