- Eligibility Criteria: Digital Defenders Partnership target groups are:
– women, feminist and LGTBQIA+ organisations
– land and environmental rights defenders
– journalists and other actors who make information available to the public
- Type of Funding: Emergency Funding
- Target Countries: Global
- Application Language: English, Spanish, French and Portuguese
Apply for the Digital Defenders Partnership’s Incident Emergency Fund, a rapid response mechanism for human rights defenders, journalists, activists and organisations facing digital threats and attacks.
The IEF provides up to €10,000 and can be used to cover costs which will directly reduce the risk or impact of a digital attack. The funding covers activities for a maximum of four months, and they aim to respond to requests within two weeks.
What does the IEF cover?
- Replacement of hardware or software which has been taken, lost or stolen.
- Purchase of more secure hard- and/or software and costs related to installation of the new systems.
- Technical or non-technical activities to respond to urgent issues such as internet blockages.
- Measures to improve physical security (related to information management and digital security).
- Measures to address the psychological and psychosocial impacts of digital threats and risks.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.