- Being a freelance journalist or in media outlets with minimum four years’ experience.
- Be in a continental country of Latin America (except Brazil), or in an English speaking country of the Caribbean, Dominican Republic, Cuba and Haiti.
- The submitted application must include links to recent published stories, preferably research, in-depth work or reports.
- The proposal must be written in Spanish, English or French.
- Submitted applications will only be accepted via the platform of Matrix CONNECTAS.
- Applicants cannot have an ongoing scholarship with the ICFJ or CONNECTAS.
- Funding amount: $1000 to $10,000
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Latin America and the Caribbean
- Application languages: Any language of the EU
What Would Applicants’ Get?
- Editorial alliance:
- Selected proposals will be developed with CONNECTAS under an Editorial alliance. Applicants will receive personalized support from an editor of Editorial Board, who will assist from the beginning of the project until the story is published.
- If applicants’ proposal is selected, they will receive funds to cover research expenses and professional expenses.
- Regional Level Dissemination:
- Applicants work will be published in CONNECTAS, the main platform in the promotion of collaborative journalism in Latin America and in Informative Community’s allied media.
- Journalistic Community:
- Once the project has been published, participants may be part of CONNECTAS’ Journalistic Community, made up of colleagues from all Latin America and the Caribbean.
Delivery of Funds
- Funds will be awarded according to the proposal country, the project’s budget and scope of the project:
- Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala and Uruguay (up to US $2.300)
- Bolivia, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Dominican Republic and Venezuela (up to US $3.000)
- English-speaking countries in the Caribbean and Haiti (US $3.000)
- Proposals with a higher amount will be considered, as long as it is required travel or reporting in two or more countries. These projects will have a prior validation of the budget.
Please, find more details and apply here.