- Eligibility criteria:
– Lead applicant must: be legal persons., be a specific type of organisation such as: print/electronic/on-line media, news agencies, media, production houses and/or media associations., be established in the Republic of Serbia, be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s), affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: Serbia
- Application language: English
The European Commission is calling for proposals to support for independent media in Serbia. The global objective of this call for proposals is to support independent media and media organisations in contributing to the implementation and independent monitoring of the Media Strategy of Serbia including enhanced media ethics.
The priorities of this call for proposals are:
- To support media and media organisations to develop innovative distinctive formats by using a variety of platforms and developing essential content relevant to their own work and cooperation among them including working conditions, the safety of journalists and other media professionals;
- To support quality media coverage of issues that interest all age groups and have a strong impact on people’s lives, including the impact of disinformation;
- To create Multimedia/multi-platform content, including interactive elements such as mobile journalism, multimedia content, livestreams to help distribute content and maximise outreach even if the primary platform is one of the traditional media.
The overall indicative amount made available under this call for proposals is EUR 1,000,000.
See here to learn more and apply.