- Eligibility Criteria:
– Applications must be submitted in English through the official application form. Including additional video material in the application is optional. If submitting additional video material please limit the suggested to an MP4 format that may not exceed 1-minute length, and preferably but not mandatorily with English subtitles.
– Organizations that apply for the grant must be represented by a person older than 18 years of age.
– The call is open to formal and informal media organisations who already operate in the media or digital sector or any other professional fields and sectors of society.
– They are open to different formats of journalistic work; audio/video, text, and other multi-media outlet options.
– Applicants can be based anywhere in the world, but their proposal must contribute to criteria related to the European relevance of the call;
– They do not accept proposals submitted by political parties. The work is strictly non-partisan.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Europe
- Application language: English
The European Cultural Foundation (ECF) invites you to apply for a grant to produce journalistic content with European relevance, which will be made accessible through the new platform displ.eu.
This call supports media platforms to produce high-quality journalistic content in all possible formats. The foundation wants to fund both local media organisations interested in expanding and connecting their work to a European level, as well as outlets that have a proven journalistic record in serving pan-European audiences
- Selected proposals will receive a grant up to a maximum of €12.000 per project.
What are they looking for?
- This call supports media platforms to produce high-quality journalistic content in all possible formats. This can include both local stories made relevant for a European audience, as well as content that already has a European scope.
- They need the European media sharing on European relevance issues such as culture, diversity and inclusion, digital public sphere, climate and environment, geopolitics in terms of safety and security, economy and livelihood, as well as the future of democracy. If you detect any other theme or aspect that has been overlooked here but that you detect as a part of the unexplored European media scape, they encourage you to state it in your application.
- The grantees will be strongly encouraged and will receive the technical and financial support to make their content available for the search, recommendation, and translation functions of displ.eu. The call is open to formal and informal organisations and supports initiatives that produce tangible results as well as have the potential of a sustainable impact.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.