- Eligibility Criteria:
The following organisations are eligible to apply:
– Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/nongovernmental organizations with programming experience;
– Non-profit or governmental educational institutions;
– Governmental institutions; and
– For-profit organisations.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: Guinea
- Application language: English
The U.S. Embassy Conakry Public Diplomacy Section (PDS) of the U.S. Department of State announces an open competition for organizations to submit a statement of interest (SOI) to carry out programs that strengthen social cohesion and improve government responsiveness, inclusion, and accountability in the regions of Guinea most vulnerable to conflict and instability.
The project proposals for the grants to prevent conflict and promote stability should address one of the following Priority Program Objectives:
- Building Social Cohesion through Radio Stations Program: This program aims to foster peace and build community cohesion, by creating and transmitting radio programming in the primary languages native to eastern Guinea (i.e., Fulfude, Kissi, Kpelle, Koniaka, and Mano)
- Training Journalists and Building Media Literacy: This program aims to train an estimate of 40+ journalists from areas vulnerable to conflict and instability to promote reporting on violent extremism, misinformation, and the Government of Guinea’s response.
- Digital Tools for Innovation Workshop: This program seeks to expand the successful Digital Tools for Innovation workshop that the U.S. Embassy sponsored in 2022 from a three-day workshop to a yearlong program supporting economic livelihoods in areas vulnerable to conflict and instability.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.