- Eligibility: This program is open to individual researchers, research teams, active research groups, and institutions. For the purposes of this invitation:
- The research teams include researchers from institutions, geographical areas, the same disciplines or from different institutions, geographical regions, and disciplines, provided they are interested in conducting multidisciplinary research on the subject.
- The Active Research Group is an independent and informal group of researchers who may not be registered as an organization but have been working collaboratively on a specific topic or area of interest for many years. The group must have a practical (important) statement and a set of practices or outcomes that reflect their identity and objectives. Unlike research teams that may include researchers from one institution or different institutions, in active research groups, members of the same group initially take over only the research project.
- Institutions are official legal entities, which may be a university or college at a university, think tank, research ngo, etc.
- Research teams, active research groups, and institutions must submit their applications within teams of no more than four members, including the lead researcher and participating researchers.
- Funding amount: US$20,000 to individual researchers, up to US$35,000 for teams of researchers and US$50,000 for institutions.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Arab countries
- Application languages: Arabic, English or French
Journalists, researchers and activists whose work focuses on Arab societies can apply for this program.
Funded by the Ford Foundation and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), the Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) is accepting submissions for its grants program on the theme of “Health and livelihoods in the Arab region: wellbeing, vulnerability and conflict.”
Grants of US$20,000 will be available to individual researchers, up to US$35,000 for teams of researchers and US$50,000 for institutions.
Grants are intended to support a maximum of 18 months for individuals and teams from June 1, 2021 to Nov. 30, 2021, and a maximum of 24 months for collectives and institutions starting June 2021 to May 2023.
Read more about the project here.