– be a legal person or an entity without legal personality or a natural person
– be non-profit-making
– be civil society organisations, including non-governmental non-profit organisations and community-based organisations, and private sector non-profit agencies, institutions and organisations and networks and coalitions thereof at local, national, regional and international level
– be established in the eligible countries (this obligation does not apply to international organisations
– must operate at the state or local government level in Nigeria with considerable experience working at the grassroots. Failing this, must have a co-applicant operating at the state or local government level with considerable experience working at the grassroots
– have a minimum of 2 years documented experience within the Nigerian electoral system
– co-applicants must satisfy the eligibility criteria as applicable to the lead applicant himself
– the lead applicant and its co-applicant(s) may act with affiliated entity(ies).
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: European Union or Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Application language: English
European Commission is calling for proposals for EU Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria. The new programme ‘EU Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria (EU-SDGN) Phase II’ aims to promote democratic consolidation in Nigeria by contributing to the building of strong, inclusive, effective and legitimate democratic institutions.
- The global objective of this call for proposals is: to foster a functioning pluralistic, inclusive, participatory and representative democracy in Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- The specific objective of this call for proposals is to engender the conditions for inclusive, transparent, credible and peaceful elections and a more inclusive decision-making process with the meaningful participation of all sectors of society, including women, youth and other marginalised groups
- The priority of this call for proposals is to empower civil society organisations and relevant agencies to demand greater transparency and accountability in the electoral and decision making process, and promote greater citizens’ participation.
See here to learn more and apply.
Funding Size: € 250,000 to 500,000