- Eligibility criteria:
– Applicants must be freelance or permanently employed individual journalists (staff journalists), or small teams of journalists.
– Applicants should have a track record of publication in respected media outlets in one or more of the following target countries.
– Applicants must not be state funded/ be from state-funded media organisations.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: France, Germany, the UK, the Netherlands, Italy, Norway and Sweden
- Application language: English
The European Journalism Centre (EJC) is looking to support up to 12 journalistic projects by teams of freelance and/or staff journalists on the topic of ‘global health and security.’
The 2023 Global Health Security Call is a programme that offers grants and creates research opportunities to assist in-depth reporting on the subject of global health security.
- To incentivise and enable impactful journalistic coverage on global health issues, and create sustained relationships between freelance journalists and media organisations, as well as engage the public, key stakeholders and decision makers around the topic.
- To inspire all opinion-forming media organisations in Europe to report on big health and policy challenges and solutions, and demonstrate the importance of journalism as a trusted, evidence-based means of communicating.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.