- Eligibility Criteria:
The journalist, journalism team, or media outlet will have produced independent, investigative reporting, which:
– Originated in and affected a developing or transitioning country;
– Was broadcast or published between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2022;
– Was of an investigative nature;
– Uncovered an issue, wrongdoing, or system of corruption which gravely affected the common good;
– And did so in the face of arrest, imprisonment, violence against them and their families, or threats and intimidation.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: Worldwide
- Application language: English
The Global Investigative Journalism Network (GIJN) is now accepting nominations for the Global Shining Light Award.
This award honors investigative journalism in a developing or transitioning country, done under threat, duress, or in the direst of conditions.
Top winners will receive an honorary plaque, a cash prize, and a trip to the 2023 Global Investigative Journalism Conference (GIJC) to accept the award.
- Small and Medium Outlets (organizations with staff of 20 or less, including freelancers)
- Large Outlets (organizations with more than 20 staff)
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.
Funding Size: $2,500