- Eligibility Criteria:
– Regional media outlets registered in Georgia
– National online media outlets registered in Georgi
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Georgia
- Application language: English
The Public Diplomacy Section (PDS) of the U.S. Embassy Tbilisi announces an open competition for investigative journalism support through a grants program.
The goal of the Georgian Regional and Online Media Support Program is to empower regional and online media through content development and production of a series of investigative stories. Media collaboration between national online and regional outlets is encouraged and will be given priority by the selection panel.
- The Program aims to support investigative journalism to empower regional media organizations and nationwide digital multimedia outlets. Grants will be awarded to these organizations to produce a series of stories serving high public interest. Media collaboration between national online and regional outlets is encouraged and will be given priority by the Selection Panel.
- The maximum amount of a grant award is $50,000 per project. In case of media collaborations between national online and regional outlets, the amount will increase up to $70,000.
The topics of stories may include, but are not limited to
- Disinformation/fake news jeopardizing democracy and human rights.
- Flaws in government-to-media relations.
- Corruption and financial crime.
- Daily economic issues facing Georgians in the regions.
- Government’s progress in investigating violations of public safety and security, or the lack of such.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.