- Eligibility Criteria:
– be legal entities (public or private bodies)
– be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e.:Creative Europe Participating Countries:EU Member – States (including overseas countries and territories (OCTs))
– non-EU countries:listed EEA countries and countries associated to the Creative Europe Programme or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement and where the agreement enters into force before grant signature.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Europe
- Application language: English
The European Commission is accepting applications for the Journalism Partnerships – Collaborations” Program to help the wider European news media sector become more sustainable and resilient, specifically by supporting cross-border media collaborations.
This support shall foster media transformation, trustworthy reporting and skills for news media professionals, for instance by developing media production standards and new business models.
The general objectives of the Programme are:
- to safeguard, develop and promote European cultural and linguistic diversity and heritage;
- to increase the competitiveness and the economic potential of the cultural and creative sectors, in particular the audiovisual sector.
These goals are pursued through the following specific objectives:
- enhancing artistic and cultural cooperation at the European level, in order to support the creation of European works and strengthen the economic, social and external dimensions and innovation and mobility in Europe’s cultural and creative sectors (CULTURE strand);
- promoting the competitiveness, scalability, cooperation, innovation, and sustainability, including through mobility in the European audiovisual sector (MEDIA strand);
- promoting policy cooperation and innovative actions supporting all strands of the Programme, promoting a diverse, independent and pluralistic media environment, and media literacy, thereby fostering freedom of artistic expression, intercultural dialogue and social inclusion (cross sectoral strand).
Themes and Priorities
The Cross Sectoral Strand shall provide support to cross-cutting actions that support the news media sector, which shall:
- address the structural and technological changes faced by the media sector by promoting an independent and pluralistic media environment, including by supporting independent monitoring for assessing risks and challenges to media pluralism and freedom, and by supporting awareness-raising activities;
- support high-quality media production standards by fostering cooperation, digital skills, cross-border collaborative journalism, and quality content, thereby contributing to professional ethics in journalism.
- Project budget (maximum grant amount): EUR 2.000.000 per project.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.