Funding Size: N/A
- A consortium of at least two legal entities
- Proposals may be submitted by any of the following applicants or combinations of:
- non-profit organisation (private or public);
- international organisations;
- educational institutions;
- research centres;
- natural persons: natural persons are eligible as part of a consortium but the project cannot be coordinated by a natural person.
- Funding amount: Not available
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: EU Member States
- Application languages: English
European Commission is calling for proposals for Media Councils in the Digital Age. The objective of the Preparatory Action is to further support the activities of the media self-regulation bodies and to promote the importance of journalistic standards in the modern media environment.
The Action will aim to deliver further research regarding the activities of the media/press councils and will identify challenges that could be addressed by the development of the journalistic standards. Recognising the close relation of media/press councils with the journalistic community, the action will aim to engage media self-regulatory bodies in the digital empowerment of journalists. It will also aim to promote the exchange of views between media/press councils and the independent media regulators.
See here to learn more and apply.