Funding Size: N/A
- be a legal person or an entity without legal personality
- be non-profit-making
- be a civil society organisation, including non-governmental non-profit organisations and independent political foundations, community-based organisations and private-sector non-profit agencies, institutions, organisations and networks thereof at local, national, regional and international level
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- Funding amount: € 200’000 to €435’489
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: Maldive
- Application language: English
The Country-Based Support Scheme (CBSS) part of the EIDHR aims to support actions which are implemented on the ground by EU delegations, in order to respond to country-specific human rights and democracy challenges, be as close as possible to the needs of the rights holders and boost ownership of local actors.
The specific objective of this call for proposals is to preserve the acquis and further promote and protect Freedom of Expression (FoE) in the Maldives, with a specific focus on Media Freedom and Development.
The priorities :
- Fight against hate speech, fake news and disinformation, in particular in the social media sphere- Promotion of the right to information and support to its effective use by journalists and the general public; support to investigative journalism
- Protection of journalists and activists against harassment, intimidation and violence (including digital safety/data protection and fight against impunity in case of abuses/rights’ violations)
- Improve quality of journalism, including support to the professionalization of journalists and organization of the sector, ethics/code of conducts and self-regulation as well as overall media education and digital literacy
- Support innovation in journalism/media, including disruptive digital journalism, digital start-ups and citizen/civic tech initiatives
- Promotion of media pluralism and independence, as well as human rights, democratic values and gender equality through the media are key cross-cutting dimensions.
See here to learn more and apply.