- Eligibility: News organisations, training providers and journalism-related organisations from all over the world are welcomed to apply.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Worldwide
- Application language: English
The Environmental Reporting Collective (ERC) is offering Training Grants for journalists and newsrooms to organise self-tailored training programmes for themselves, but which are also open to other ERC partner newsrooms and journalists.
The Environmental Reporting Collective is a network of journalists in countries including Abuja, Bangkok, Hanoi, Hong Kong, Kathmandu, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Guangzhou, New Delhi, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo, Toronto, Yangon, and Zürich. Grantees will organise the training themselves, with assistance from the ERC Core Team.
- Applicants will be required to submit a training proposal (maximum 300 words), including an itemised budget.
- The training programme should target journalists as participants and is open for other ERC partner newsrooms and journalists to participate. Hence the programme should be conducted online or hybrid (mix of both online and face-to-face).
- Grantees will have the support of ERC’s team in securing speakers, experts, resources, and other technical requirements.
- Grantees are expected to deliver their training programmes within a 2-4 week period in the month of December 2021.
- Grantees are recommended to promote its work, and build networks with other partners.
- Grantees must submit a report on their training programme outcomes after it is completed.
See here to learn more and apply.
Funding Size: $2,500