- Eligibility Criteria:
– Applicants must be national, regional and local providers of linear and non-linear audiovisual media services, with public or private management, community providers of sound broadcasting services, local, regional or national print media institutions, independent producers (provided that they provide channels of relevant broadcasting), online portals, with the status of a legal entity registered in the Republic of Moldova, according to the legislation in force, with a well-organized and functional accounting system.
– The applicant can submit only one project proposal.
– They are not eligible! Media institutions registered outside the Republic of Moldova, individuals, government organizations/institutions, public authorities, political parties, religious organizations and trade unions.
– All documents must be submitted in PDF format.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Moldova
- Application language: Romanian
EcoContact Public Association (hereinafter AO EcoContact) has launched the Small Grants Program (PGM) for the mass media “Community journalism for a healthy environment and Green Justice” within the project “A green justice for a protected environment and sustainable communities in the Republic of Moldova” with the financial support of Sweden.
The purpose of PGM mass media is to support journalistic investigations that draw attention to environmental problems in the region, to aspects regarding the elucidation, investigation and examination of cases of violation of environmental legislation, to contribute to the involvement of local communities in monitoring and solving them.
Activities eligible for funding
- PGM “Community journalism for a healthy environment and green justice” will support the projects submitted by the implementation period of the PGM Mass Media projects is a maximum of 6 months, starting from October 2023.
- One of the main conditions for participation is co-financing, in the amount of at least 10%, reflect cases of strategic litigation on environmental issues and access to justice.
- Applicants, who will propose the realization and public dissemination of journalistic investigations that draw attention to environmental problems in the region, contribute to the involvement of local communities in monitoring and solving the environmental problem, educate the community and help people better understand the challenges of environment facing the district, lead to positive changes, hold stakeholders accountable and advocate for equitable and sustainable solutions.
- The journalistic investigations are to be carried out in the target areas of the project – the municipalities of Balti, Fÿleÿti, Hânceÿti, Ialoveni, ÿtefan Vodÿ, Cÿuÿeni, Cahul.
- At the same time, the call is also open for the Transnistrian region, provided that the basic applicant is to be registered in the Republic of Moldova.
- The applicant can request an amount – up to 190,000 MDL.
- The duration of the project activities must be up to 6 (six) months and the project must be completed no later than March 2024.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.