- Eligibility: The call is open to a grouping of entities (consortia). Proposals may be submitted by any of the following applicants or combinations of:
- non-profit organisation (private or public);
- public authorities (national, regional, local);
- international organisations;
- educational institutions;
- research centres,
- profit making entities, e.g. media organisations.
- Funding amount: Total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects under this call for proposals is €500.000. Depending on the quality of the proposals, the Commission expects to fund of 2 – 5 projects.
- Type of funding: Programmatic and up to 7% core funding
- Target countries: European Union and UK
- Application languages: English (Action summary can be submitted in French)
- Identify and catalogue techniques commonly used by malicious actors to create, distribute and amplify online disinformation, including the newest forms of manipulation of communication technologies;
- Catalogue and design/repurpose for wider sharing relevant educational materials in collaboration, where appropriate, with civil society and media organisations, online platforms, fact-checkers and/or academic researchers with a specific expertise in communication sciences, psychology, sociology, cognitive sciences or other relevant academic fields;
- Develop tools based on innovative pedagogic approaches, including gaming, creative uses of videoconferencing and other remote learning methodologies, to be used by trained teachers and educators for media literacy training;
- Develop educational modules targeted at different age, linguistic and/or cultural groups, with a particular focus on the most vulnerable segments of the population, to be used by trained teachers and educators;
- Design and deliver appropriate, replicable trainings/training materials to school teachers and/or educators active in out-of-school contexts including by innovative means such as those developed in the third bullet point above;
- Develop 1-2 use-cases on sharing of best practices among trainers of targeted communities;
- Contribute to fostering a media literacy ecosystem based on shared best practices across linguistic and cultural borders, including through the creation of, and/or collaboration with, open educational repositories.
Read more about the project here.
- Media literacy
Funding Size: N/A