- Eligibility Criteria:
– Participants must be part of an established an operational community media.
– Must least be 21 years old and have a passport (if from outside Namibia) and be able to travel to Gobabis in Namibia (travel expenses will be covered).
– Team members must be based in Namibia, Malawi, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe or Lesotho.
- Type of funding: Grant
- Target country: South Africa
- Application language: English
Deutsche Welle’s center for international media development, DW Akademie, is looking to support innovative ideas for community media. During the IdeaLab, participants will take part in a project and product development training on understanding and putting community media ideas into action.
The program provides the following opportunities:
- Seed funding to implement a pilot or prototype idea
- Coaching in innovative endeavour with a dedicated counterpart to bounce ideas, reflect the next steps and get feedback on the go
- Necessary specialised training, if further skills are needed to implement the idea
- Innovation check-ins with fellow community media innovators from Namibia, Zambia, Lesotho, Botswana, Malawi & Zimbabwe
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.