– priority will be given to media that meet the following criteria: have a track record of quality content;
– publish original content on a regularly scheduled basis (e.g., daily, weekly, monthly) ; original means self-produced information that is not republished content or a simple aggregation of news;
– have at least 2 employed journalists or regular contributors.
- Category: Fellowship
- Target countries: European countries (including UK)
- Application language: English
Applications are now open for the NewsSpectrum Collaborative Reporting Fellowships to provide support to joint reporting projects between minority- and majority-language media. The NewsSpectrum Collaborative Reporting Fellowships provide support to joint reporting projects carried out by journalists working at minority-language media in partnership with a majority-language media outlet.
The Collaborative Reporting Fellowships provide financial support to specific reporting projects. The Collaborative Reporting Fellowship aims to encourage collaboration and exchange, promote quality coverage of minority-related issues and strengthen the capacity of minority-language media in the EU.
- In general, the reporting project can focus on any public-interest topic that is relevant to the audiences of both media organisations.
- However, priority will be given to projects that highlight the specific situation or perspective of minority groups in the EU, that deal with relations between minority and majority groups, and/or that encourage an informed discussion of European affairs in minority-language media and the audiences they serve.
- Applicants are encouraged to put forward projects that offer new information or shed new light on issues of public debate. Cross-border collaborations are encouraged.
- All types of reporting are welcome, including investigative journalism, feature writing, explanatory reporting, and news analysis.
- Projects can also be a combination of different reporting types.
- Stories can be published in any form, including print, video, and audio. Projects that incorporate digital storytelling techniques and audiovisual formats are especially welcome.
See here to learn more and apply.
Funding Size: up to €12,000