- Eligibility criteria:
-Particularly looking for agriculture and environment reporters who want to produce a climate solution story about community-based food systems and have previously produced at least two relevant stories.
– Published stories about: agriculture, crop diversity, petrochemical impacts on the environment, socio-economic outcomes of the global food systems, alternative approaches like agroecology, or circular economy.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country/ies: Asia Region, reporters from Sri Lanka, India, and China are especially encouraged to apply.
2-3 years reporting experience.
- Application language: English
In collaboration with the Solutions Journalism Network and in support of their alum fellow and current 2022 LEDE Fellow – Mavic Conde – Climatetracker.org is excited to open this call for applications to win a Solutions Reporting Grant, with emphasis on stories related to agriculture and farmer-led sustainable agricultural practices, food systems, and land rights. Through this, grantees will be able to produce vetted climate solutions stories that will be added to the Solutions Journalism Story Tracker and to Climate Tracker’s website, as well as talk about the story they produced through a webinar.
Grantees will receive the following:
- USD 250 stipend.
- Climate reporting training from Climate Tracker.
- A lecture on Solutions Journalism 101 with Portia Ladrido, co-founder of Inkline, a UK-based solutions-oriented news site
- Reference materials about Solutions Journalism: Its four pillars and actual (agriculture/food systems/climate) story samples
- Online consultations throughout the story production process with Mavic Conde, who is currently one of the 2022 LEDE Fellows at the Solutions Journalism NetworkReporters from Sri Lanka, India, and China are especially encouraged to apply.
See here to learn more and apply.
Funding Size: 250$ (stipend)