- Eligibility criteria:
– Climate change is a story that matters in many spheres – an all-encompassing issue with a wide scope that can include not just the environment but also science, health, the economy, business, public policy, migration, politics and people on a local, national and global scale.
– This award will be presented to a working journalist or team of journalists (employed full-time or freelance) who have been judged to have done the most to shine a spotlight on climate change and innovative solutions in Canadian print, broadcast or online news reporting in 2021.
– Entries involving more than one contributor are welcome and will be judged as a single submission.
– Submissions are welcome in the following formats: article, column, online piece, editorial, op-ed, radio program, podcast, television program or documentary film.
- Type of funding: Award
- Target country: Canada
- Application language: English, French
The Canadian Journalism Foundation (CJF) is currently inviting nominations for the CJF Award for Climate Solutions Reporting to celebrate innovative work done by Canadian journalists to shine a light on adaptive solutions being tested and implemented to address the environmental challenges affecting the world today and in the future.
The award will aim to inspire broader, more prescriptive coverage of the climate crisis they all face by raising awareness about the challenges themselves and the work being done to meet them.
See here to learn more and apply.
Funding Size: $10,000