- Eligibility Criteria:
In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicants must:
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a non-governmental organisation and be established in a Member State of the European Union or in the Republic of Equatorial Guinea; and
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Application language: Spanish
The European Commission has launched a call for proposals to support and empower civil society in its actions to protect and promote democracy, human rights, the rule of law, gender equality, and fundamental freedoms in Equatorial Guinea.
This call for proposals is divided into 2 lots with three specific objectives per lot:
- Specific objectives of lot 1: CSOs
- SO 1: Strengthen the commitment and capacities of local CSOs and independent media to engage in policy dialogue at the local and national levels
- SO 2: Strengthen the capacities of local women’s and youth CSOs to participate in decision-making processes, as well as to promote gender equality and youth inclusion
- SO 3: Enhance the capacity and ability of local civil society partners to maintain and promote an enabling environment
- Specific objectives of lot 20: Human Rights
- SO 1: Strengthen the capacities of civil society so that they can effectively defend the rule of law and the principle of habeas corpus, as well as promote the equitable satisfaction of basic needs and the conduct of dialogues social
- SO 2: Provide support to human rights organizations and promote access to effective protection for human rights defenders and their families
- SO 3: Strengthen the capacities of civil society organizations and human rights defenders in defense, legal advice, and public awareness.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.