- Eligibility Criteria:
– Any organisation can apply for funding. They do not accept project bids submitted by individuals.
– Please note that payment will be made in arrears. They cannot make pre-payments. Successful bidders should make payments and be reimbursed by the Embassy. The implementer must have an active bank account in the name of the organisation to which they can transfer reimbursements electronically.
– Organisations must prove that they are able to manage the project sum in a satisfactory manner; the embassy may request reports by auditors.
– A partnership framework to support the broader engagement of a project is welcome and can strengthen your bid. Please make sure to specify your other source(s) of funding in the project proposal.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Philippines
- Application language: English
The British Embassy in Manila is seeking proposals that support the protection and promotion of media freedom in the Philippines.
The UK supports the global Media Freedom Coalition and aspires to support efforts in promoting media freedom locally as a global public good and be more proactive in defending and supporting journalists in the Philippines. The British Embassy Manila is seeking a proposal which supports the following objectives:
- strengthen the legal and regulatory environment in which freedom of the press is protected and respected on a national and/or regional scale.
- empower and increase access to justice and legal support of journalists to advance media freedom and promote an inclusive media sphere.
- Bidders are strongly advised to limit their proposals up to £30,000.
- All bids should be in pounds sterling (GBP).
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.