- Registered local non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations.
- Local academic institutions working on local projects.
- All potential partners require an official government registration of their organization.
- Projects are located in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, or Jordan
- Funding amount: CAD $60,000
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Jordan, Turkey, Lebanon, Syria
- Application languages: English
The Syria office of Canada based in the Canadian Embassy in Lebanon, is pleased to announce a Call for Proposals for the Syria Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI).
The CFLI funds small and preferably visible, results-oriented projects which are proposed and implemented by officially registered local NGOs and organizations working on projects supporting Syrians in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, or Jordan.
The CFLI fund only provides contributions for project related expenses covered by a contribution agreement. The CFLI does not cover over-head costs such as those related to the administration of an organization, ongoing or recurring projects, large-scale construction, or general budgetary needs.
What types of projects will CFLI Fund?
- Projects must fall within one of the 2021-2022 CFLI themes. Regardless of the theme, all projects must address the empowerment of women and girls and promote gender equality.
- Emphasis will be placed on innovative, accountable, and sustainable projects. Initiatives aimed at producing concrete results will be prioritized. Projects with a communications strategy, including social media and robust advocacy component will be prioritized.
- The four themes are:
- Supporting the Women, Peace and Security agenda;
- Human Rights, Justice and Accountability;
- Media Freedom;
- Addressing the effects of COVID19.
Find out more and apply here.