Funding Size: N/A
- The grants are open to all journalists, including writers, photographers, radio and TV producers or filmmakers; staff journalists as well as freelancers of any nationality living in the Amazon countries may apply. Teams can also apply and indicate the leader who will make the application on behalf of the collective.
- Applications can be submitted in Spanish, Portuguese, or English. Stories can be reported and produced in any language.
- The review committee will select a limited number of projects that meet the criteria of the call. They will seek a balance between Portuguese- and Spanish-language projects.
- Funding amount: $ 5,000
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Global
- Application languages: Spanish, Portuguese or English
In response to the severe impact of the pandemic, the Amazonia Rainforest Journalism Fund (RJF) and the Pulitzer Center are opening a new call for proposals for journalism grants to cover stories about the region in the times of a pandemic.
Journalists, editors, and independent media organizations are invited to submit their proposals. Stories involving collaborative reporting, or including local and/or indigenous journalists facing travel restrictions and health risks imposed by the pandemic, will also be encouraged. Letters of commitment will be required from relevant media outlets that will publish the stories.They encourage projects that address the converging crises of covid-19, deforestation, and other critical threats to the region. Reporting should highlight local voices.
Learn more and apply here.