Funding Size: N/A
- Eligibility: To be able to apply, a CSO must meet the following conditions:
- has the status of a legal entity, established and registered in Serbia, in accordance with national and local laws and regulations;
- actively acts in the field of media, education, human rights or gender equality, as evidenced by the founding act of the organization;
- has been active for at least one year (last 12 months before the deadline for submission of project proposals), as evidenced by the registration document
- Funding amount: Totalt amount available: € 36,000. The grant requested must be between a minimum of € 3,000 and a maximum of € 9,000. Co-financing of the project by the project applicant (or partner) is not mandatory.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country: Serbia
- Application languages: Serbian
The Novi Sad School of Journalism has opened a call for project proposals aimed at strengthening the capacity of civil society organizations (CSOs) to contribute to preserving and protecting media freedom and pluralism in the Western Balkans. The call for proposals is open to civil society organizations in Serbia dealing with media, education, human rights and gender equality programs. Priority will be given to projects in which there is a partnership with other civil society organizations.
This Small Grants Program is aimed exclusively at small towns and rural areas. Therefore, it is mandatory that the project addresses the needs of target groups from these areas, and that project activities are primarily carried out in these areas. However, certain activities (such as study visits and participation in the regional event of the “Snažni” project) can be carried out outside small towns and rural areas, provided that they contribute to the purpose of the project and target groups from small towns and rural areas.
Read more about the project here.