« Back to all Fundings
Funding Size: N/A
- Grants are open to all journalists, writers, photographers, radio producers or filmmakers; staff journalists as well as freelancers of any nationality are eligible to apply.
- Application Process
- A description of the proposed project, including distribution plan, in no more than 250 words
- A preliminary budget estimate, including a basic breakdown of costs. Our typical grants cover hard costs associated with the reporting. Fixer/translator/driver fees are acceptable and stipends can be considered depending on the circumstances.
- Three samples of published work
- Three professional references. These can be either contact information, or letters of recommendation. The latter is encouraged when letters from interested producers or editors are available.
- A copy of your curriculum vitae
- Applications may also include a more detailed description of the project but this will be considered as optional supplement only. The most important part of the submission is the 250-word summary.
- Funding amount: $2,500 to $7,500
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Congo Brazzaville, Congo DR, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, CAR, Gabon
- Application languages: English, French
Applications are now open for Pulitzer Center’s Congo Basin Rainforest Journalism Fund.
The supported journalism projects will focus on the following themes:
- The tropical forests’ role in the overall climate equation and weather patterns globally, regionally and locally, and the resulting consequences for human life and living conditions (in broad terms) caused by deforestation.
- Deforestation drivers (in broad terms)
- Solutions to halt deforestation (in broad terms)
Learn more and apply here
For the latest funding opportunities, profiles of media donors, and expert insight from GFMD’s MediaDev Fundraising Guide sign up for Bottom Line newsletter