– State-controlled organisations other than universities, research centres, educational institutions and other non-profit organisations are not eligible to receive funding and therefore cannot apply individually or lead a consortium, but they may take part in the project at their own costs.
– Consortia cannot be solely composed of entities affiliated to the Lead Applicant.
– Natural persons may be part of a consortium, but the project cannot be coordinated by a natural person.
– Only applications from entities established in the EU, EFTA or UK are eligible.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Europe
- Application language: English
The European Media & Information Fund (EMIF) is accepting proposals for the 6th Funding Round of Checking Activities in Europe to support projects from independent fact-checking organisations, which play a key role in limiting the negative effects of disinformation on the public discourse and democratic processes.
In the context of the ongoing Russia – Ukraine war, and in light of its repercussions across Europe, this Call for Proposals is currently accepting applications that contemplate collaborations with Ukrainian fact-checking and media organisation and/or journalists.
- Actions in support of Fact-Checking
– Urgent actions: projects designed to increase coverage, depth, and speed of fact-checking activities by organisations that commit to producing regular flows of fact-checks.
– Scale-up projects: free-lance collaborations within newsrooms and/or the integration of state-of-the-art technologies for content verification and media and social media monitoring.
Funding Information and Duration
- Urgent actions: This type of project should have a duration of up to 6 months and may benefit from grants up to € 55 000.
- Scale-up projects: This type of project should have a duration of up to 12 months and may benefit from grants up to € 80 000.
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.