- Environmental journalism
- Applications written in a language other than these will not be considered. Applicants must either have a working understanding of English or Portuguese, or have a translator available to assist with communication with Internews staff.
- Applications are open to journalists working in any medium (online, print, television, radio) and other expert media practitioners with experience in investigative reporting and covering environmental issues. They encourage applications from freelancer reporters and staff from all types of media organizations – international, national, local and community-based.
- They are seeking to support both early-career and senior journalists with many years of reporting experience. They’ll accept both individual and group applications, but for the latter we ask that the application is made in the name of one lead applicant who will receive the grant on the group’s behalf, if awarded.
- Funding amount: 4-6 grants ranging from $1,000 to $2,000
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Global
- Application languages: English and Portuguese
Earth Journalism Network (EJN) is offering reporting grants to support the production of investigative stories that will call attention to critical ocean issues.
Through this reporting grant, EJN will commission stories that seek to investigate emerging and long-standing issues facing ocean conservation and sustainable use to capture the importance and urgency of the threats facing our world’s waters. These grants are part of a larger project being carried out by EJN to try and increase and improve reporting on ocean issues.
Read more about the project here.