- The Call is open to nationals of the 17 CEI Member States: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine.
- Funding amount: Up to €5,000
- Type of funding: Awards and Prizes
- Target countries: CEI Member States
- Application languages: English, any language of CEI Member States
The CEI SEEMO Award for Outstanding Merits in Investigative Journalism is meant to promote high-quality investigative journalism and acknowledge the efforts of media professionals to explore major topics, often working under difficult conditions.
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a socio-economic and health crisis at multiple levels, with effects on employment, income, education, mental well-being, gender inequalities across age, ethnicity, and social groups. Under this framework, the CEI SEEMO Award 2021 seeks to promote the work of investigative journalists who contributed to bringing attention to the socio-economic impact of the pandemic on people’s lives, in particular by exploring stories focused on gender, youth, minority groups and people with disabilities.
How to apply:
Candidates shall fill in the Online Application Form available here.
The following documents in PDF format shall be uploaded:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- A recommendation letter written and signed by trustworthy individuals, journalism and media organisations, media companies, civil society organisations, journalism schools or universities, trade unions or other social organisations from the target countries;
- Up to three samples of journalistic work in a single PDF document (minimum two samples in Category 1, one sample in Category 2). For online work samples, insert hyperlinks in a PDF document, or print out online articles in a PDF file. Hyperlinks need to be accessible at least by 30 November 2021. In the case of audio/video material, please upload the files making use of file-sharing services (e.g. WeTransfer or Dropbox) including a script or scenario.
Material prepared in local languages should be accompanied by a short summary in English.
Applications that do not include all requested documentation will not be considered.
For more information click here
Funding Size: N/A