- Eligibility criteria:
– Experience working on the relevant issues identified in this document;
– Network of contacts in Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Panama, and Venezuela.
– Experience of developing training sessions for journalists and producing transnational investigative pieces in issues related to corruption, illicit economies and illicit finances;
– Familiarity with challenges and solutions related to investigative journalism of thematic including specifically illicit finances, money laundering and corruption (but also including how they link to broader illicit economies such as illegal mining, drugs, environmental crime etc);
– Proven project and budget management experience, including mitigation of risks to ensure the project is delivered effectively.
– Fluent Spanish is essential for operating in the region.
– Fluent English is essential for drafting communications and financial reports.
– Policy or Programme experience in Latin America.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries:Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Panama and Venezuela.
- Application language: English
As part of the Combatting Illicit Economies Programme, The Latin American Regional Investigative Journalism Project, is open for bids from Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Panama and Venezuela.
The Combatting Illicit Economies Program (“CIEP”) is a program funded through the UK’s Conflict Stability and Security Fund. It partners with countries in Latin America to tackle threats including serious organized crime (from drugs to money laundering to environmental crime), grand corruption and instability/conflict.
The CIEP seeks to maintain a constant understanding of illicit finance mechanisms, threats and modalities in region recognizing that those dynamics are constantly evolving. As part of this approach, they are seeking to partner with a suitable implementer to undertake a regional investigative journalism project over a 3 year period and which focuses on the dynamics of corruption, serious and organized crime and illicit economies impacting Latin America.
The total project bid should not exceed GBP£900,000 over a three-year period (starting April 2022 through to March 2025).
They are open to considering different proposals as to how that funding might be split over the three-year period.
See here to learn more and apply.
Este es el acceso a la Guía de recaudación de fondos para consejos de expertos sobre cómo puede mejorar sus aplicaciones para obtener fondos e identificar posibles donantes.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.
Funding Size: £900,000