- Training and Education
Funding Size: N/A
- Provide a detailed plan for training programme that would deepen media’s understanding of public finances and SAI’s work and reporting;
- Provide a detailed plan for training programme that would deepen CSO’s understanding of public finances and SAI’s work and reporting;
- Launching the competitive process for investigative stories;
- Take active part in establishing the commission and criteria for selection of journalistic stories;
- Implement training programme for media and CSO;
- Provide mentorship and guidance to journalist while developing and publishing investigative stories;
- Develop a toolkit that would help the media/CSO in their daily work on how to read financial reports, better understand budget cycles, public procurement processes, audit reports etc.
- Funding amount: N/A
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Montenegro
- Application languages: English
The Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) has invited applications from eligible organisations for its Training for Media and CSOs programme to work on the issues of transparency and accountability in Montenegro.
WFD’s initiatives includes helping protect women from violence in the Middle East, making politics more inclusive in Africa, consolidating democratic institutions in Asia and building trust in democracy across the Western Balkans. WFD currently operates in 38 countries.
WFD Montenegro is looking for a company/organization to, in close co-operation with WFD, prepare and deliver a training programme for media and CSOs on public finances and understanding of State Audit Institution reports.
WFD Office in Montenegro, within its project “Transparency and Accountability of political practices”, aims to support the State Audit Institution (SAI) in improving the overall communication. This includes presentation of their reports, summarizing reports, using easy to read visuals, and improve their communication skills and communication with parliament, CSO and media.
The regional programme titled: “Western Balkans Democracy Initiative” focused on three components of work:
Strengthening Political Parties
Strengthening Parliamentary Practice
Strengthening Democratic Institutions and Culture
Find out more and apply