Funding Size: N/A
- Eligibility: In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person.
- be non-profitmaking.
- be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, public sector operator, international (inter-governmental) organisation
- be established as a Member State of the European Union or one of the European Neighbourhood Instrument (EM) South partner countries or a country that is a beneficiary of an Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA).
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- be an organisation or be in a partnership of organisation(s) with a recent proven experience of at least five years (since 2013) in the field of media development, and have recent proven experience (since 2015) in awarding, managing and monitoring the implementation of grants, including coaching of grantees and on-the-job aiming at strengthening their project management capacities.
- Funding amount: The overall indicative amount made available under this call for proposals is EUR 9.000 000. Minimum amount: EUR 8.000.000. Maximum amount: EUR 9.000.000.
- Type of funding: Core and Programmatic
- Target countries: a Member State of the European Union or of the European Neighbourhood Instrument (EM) South partner countries or a country that is a beneficiary of an Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA)
- Application languages: English, French and Arabic
The European Union (EU) has announced a call for applications to Support Independent Media Serving the General Interest in the Southern Neighbourhood.
The global objective of this call for proposals is: to support pluralism, independence and resilience of independent media, which act in the public interest as bulwark against authoritarianism, hate speech and dis-information, and to promote critical thinking and civic-oriented mind-set in the population, thus contributing to the democratic aspirations and resilience in the societies in the region of the Southern Neighbourhood.
The specific objective of this call for proposals is: to strengthen the independence of independent media and journalists serving the public interest.
Read more about the project here.