- Eligibility: Eligible applicants are young, early-career journalists living in Asia, and can be beginner, mid-career, or freelance. Groups of journalists who wish to collaborate can also apply. Multimedia producers that work with photography, audio, video, and/or animation are also welcome to apply. Preference is given to early-career, female journalists living in the Mekong Region.
- Funding amount: Each grantee will receive USD$ 2000 to produce and publish their proposed story. The outputs can be in the form of text-based articles, short films or video interviews or audio podcasts.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Asia
- Application languages: English
SEI Asia has announced a Call for Environmental reporting grants for local and regional journalists.
SEI Asia will provide six grants to selected local and regional journalists in Asia to showcase impactful stories that highlight critical environmental sustainability issues in the region. The grant aims to help build media capacity on contextual science reporting on environmental topics. It also hopes to strengthen partnerships to support knowledge and evidence sharing on critical sustainability issues for policy and decision makers.
SEI will provide mentorship and related scientific research to support the production of the stories. The proposed stories must revolve around the following areas of SEI’s work:
- Air quality (pollution, health, vulnerable communities)
- Climate Change and disaster risk reduction
- Mekong region water insecurity
- Bio economy
- Urban governance (green spaces, city health)
Read more about the project here.