- Media companies as well as not-for-profit organisations committed to providing credible, independent news, information or public interest debate;
- Independent from the government or any other political or economic interest group;
- Supportive of democratic practices and institutions, political pluralism, transparency, human rights, dignity and equal rights for all, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion and other subjects of discrimination;
- Legally registered, except in extraordinary circumstances;
- Media organisations willing to dedicate time and effort to program activities, developing their capacity in identified areas of support and demonstrating commitment to achieving goals.
- Funding amount: N/A
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Ethiopia
- Application languages: English
BBC Media Action and Media Development Investment Fund are inviting applications from public interest media organisations in Ethiopia that are committed to providing credible, independent news, information and debate to apply for capacity building support that will run from January 2021 to June 2023.
Capacity building support will be provided as a part of Protecting Independent Media for Effective Development (PRIMED), an initiative funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) which aims to increase the sustainability of media in Ethiopia and strengthen the ability of media organisations to provide the public with accurate, balanced information that enables them to make informed decisions.
Support provided will focus on the following areas:
- Increasing audience understanding, audience engagement and development through research
- Revenue development and income generation
- Digital development
- Technical, editorial and production skills
- Organisational management
Read more about the project here.
- Training and Education
Funding Size: N/A