- Eligibility: This opportunity is open to journalist networks, media organizations, civil society organizations or academic institutions.
- Applicants should note their affiliations with existing media organizations or provide detailed plans about how this project would facilitate the creation of a new network or organization.
- They will consider applications by NGOs or environmental groups looking to build the capacity of journalists to cover conservation issues, preference will be given to applications from or affiliated with professional journalists, media organizations, journalism schools and the like.
- All activities must take place in a country in the Global South, as defined by the DAC list of ODA recipients.
- They will also consider applications for activities to be held in Russia.
- Funding amount: 48,000 USD available for awards this year, which we would ideally share among three to five projects. Average grant size $10-15,000
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Global South
- Application languages: English
As a part of Biodiversity Media Initiative project, Earth Journalism Network is pleased to announce a new round of grant opportunities available for journalist networks, media organisations, civil society organisations or academic institutions that are working to improve media coverage of biodiversity and conservation issues in the Global South.
The Biodiversity Media Grants will support projects that:
- Build the capacity of journalism networks and media organizations to report on biodiversity and conservation issues
- Carry out biodiversity and/or conservation training activities for journalists
- Build internal capacity
- Organise local networks around these issues
They are especially interested in projects that focus on conservation in biodiversity-rich regions of the world, such as the Amazon, Central Africa and Southeast Asia.
Read more about the project here.
- Environmental journalism