- AWID’s Feminist Journalist project will prioritize participants who represent our priority constituencies which includes trans people, Black feminists, women with disabilities, sex workers, and indigenous feminist.
- They specifically encourage applications from journalists who originate and are located in the Global South.
- Funding amount: $15,000 (for each participant)
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target countries: Global
- Application languages: English
AWID is accepting applications for its Feminist Journalists Program to build deep and meaningful relationships with journalists who are interested in reporting on feminist and social justice issues.
AWID is a global, feminist, membership, movement-support organization working to achieve gender justice and women’s human rights worldwide.
In this pilot project they are aiming to create a cohort of 15 journalists who are interested in reporting about the ways in which feminists resist oppression, whilst co-creating a more just world. They will specifically work to meet the following goals:
Build relationships amongst journalists and activists interested in Co-Creating Feminist Realities – the models and solutions that activists are creating – as well as highlighting the ways in which activists resist systemic oppression.
1. Provide networking and learning opportunities for journalists.
2. Strengthen relationships between journalists and feminist activists from around the world.
AWID intends to launch this project in May 2021. It will consist of 6 online sessions, which will last through to May 2022. Participants in the project will be provided with honorariums of US$15,000 which will be paid in two tranches. Participants may use these honorariums as they wish, to support their living and reporting expenses. The editorial independence of journalists will be held as sacrosanct and there is no expectation that particular stories will be written by participants in this project.
Learn more and apply