- Eligibility: Media organisations, journalist networks, universities and journalism institutions focusing on environmental reporting in the Asia and Pacific region including South Asia, Southeast Asia, East Asia, and the Pacific region but not Australia or New Zealand are welcome to apply. Civil society organizations, community-based groups and research institutes will also be considered – but only those with strong media and communication components that are dedicated to supporting fair and accurate reporting. Please note that we will not consider applications rooted in advocacy or political campaigning.
- Funding amount: $5,000 – 15,000 for maximum duration of one year.
- Type of funding: Programmatic and core funding. Examples of eligible activities include but are not limited to:
- Training workshops;
- Development of reporters’ resources and e-learning tools;
- Story grants for journalists;
- Mentoring of journalists;
- Special reporting projects;
- Networking and partnership activities for journalists;
- Development of new storytelling platforms;
- Establishment of a journalist network.
- Target countries: South Asia, Southeast Asia, East Asia, and the Pacific (excl. Australia and New Zealand).
- Application languages: English
Applicants should provide a detailed budget with justification for the amount requested. You can download an EJN budget template here.
Read more about the Asia-Pacific Media Grants 2021, including full eligibility and judging criteria, application forms here.